- Quinoa seeds: cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice: 1 whole grain (whole grain or juice of 2 small grains)
- Garlic: Clove
- Tomatoes: 2/2 cups (cut into cupes)
- Cumin: 2 teaspoons (ground)
- Salt : Pinch
- Black pepper: pinch (ground)
- Red beans: 1/2 cup (you can buy them in canned form)
- Onions: 4 grains
- Black olives: 1/2 cup (de-starched and cut into rings)
- Green coriander: 1/4 cup (fresh)
- Thyme: pinch (dried and ground)
- Cucumber: 1 tablet (medium size)
- Feta cheese: 1/4 cup (salty/decorative)
How to prepare
Add quinoa seeds and water to a saucepan of a suitable size, place on medium heat until the water starts to boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes until quinoa absorbs all the water and matures, then remove the pot from the fire and set aside until the rest of the ingredients are ready.
Prepare the other ingredients so that it is easy to prepare the salad, cut the tomato into large compounds, finely chop the green coriander leaves, finely chop the cucumber with a fine fine, cut the green onions into thin rings, break the fruit and squeeze the lemon.
Add the zeitoun oil and lemon juice to a large bowl, whisk well together until a homogeneous mixture is formed, then add the cumin, mashed gum, a sprinkle of salt, a sprinkle of black pepper, a sprinkle of dried leaves and mix together, and set aside for a minute or two until the flavor is smoothed together.
Add the tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, coriander, beans and ziton to the large bowl, stir and stir until the vegetables are covered with the mixture we prepared earlier, then add quinoa and stir gently and then add the feta cheese either in the form of cubes or small lumps over the dish.
Serve quinoa salad along with chicken, fish or any other type of meat.